Linking up with Jen and the gang once again!
1. I’m trying to find creative ways to assuage my nerves this morning since my mom is in surgery. So far, I’ve come up with writing a blog post and drinking tea…not very effective. Say a prayer for her if you have a moment.
2. We spent last weekend in Minnesota, seeing family and celebrating an early Christmas with those we can’t be with on the day. In typical Minnesota fashion there was a snowpocalyptic storm while we were there, which we had the good fortune of driving around in all weekend. I learned that not only am I bad at driving in snow, but I am also terrible at being a passenger in snow. Every time the car started to skid, I would grip Sean’s arm in terror and start to hyperventilate. He really enjoyed this as he tried to concentrate on the road.
3. One of the highlights of our trip was sharing a hotel room with the babies. We had a double cage/pack-n-play situation set up, which Bea saw more as a challenge than a sleeping solution. She spent most of her time attempting to climb out of the cage and throwing herself against the netting a la WWE. She was awake until late, late, late every night of the trip, but up early, as always. Hazel snubbed the cage entirely and spent her nights in the bed with us, kicking and grunting and nursing, which should be the name of this blog.
4. Advent is almost half-way over and my house is finally, fully Christmasfied. I showed some restraint this year and picked out an 8 foot Christmas tree, even though I really wanted to go bigger. My husband pointed out that our ceilings could not accommodate much bigger, so there’s that. Bea took a less is more approach to decorating by hanging all of her “toddler friendly” ornaments on one branch. That branch now hangs down to the ground with the weight of all of those little mice in red jackets.
5. My sister-in-law was baptized over the weekend and we were very honored to attend. The service was lovely and she looked radiant. Like a pro, I wore a dress that was completely incompatible with nursing, so I apologize to anyone who had to witness me strip down in the library in order to feed Hazel,who decided to start her 4 month growth spurt in the middle of the baptism.
6. Because I know you’re all dying for a Doggie update, here they are. They have lost their towel, but acquired sweaters for the Winter.
7. I love you, Mom! I hope everything goes well this morning.